HOW TO: Starting quickly on udCloud
Uploading, converting and viewing files in udCloud
Creating a workspace
- In the udCloud main page, click on the dropdown next to your name and click on Create Workspace
- Select a name for your Workspace and click on Create Workspace
You can create multiple workspaces and add other users into different workspaces. If you opt to PAYG (Pay-as-you-go),
you can assign different accounts for each workspace. For more information on PAYG options, visit the Euclideon web page.
Create a Project
- Once you have a created a workspace, you will need to create a project. This will house both your original and converted files
- Fill out the following fields
- Name - Name of your project
- Region - It is recommended to select the region closest to you
- Click on Create Project
- On the upper-right of the project window, click on Upload File
- Select a file or multiple files to upload
- Wait for the upload to complete
- You can choose to move the files into the following tiers
- Hosted - Recommended for files that are constantly updated or streamed (UDS, OBJ, JPEG etc) This is the default.
- Archive - Recommended for files that are for long term storage or raw files (LAS, LAZ, E57, etc)
Converting Files to UDS
- On the list of uploaded files, tick on the files you want to convert
- For supported files, an option to convert to UDS will appear
- You can choose to select per file conversion or multiple file conversions.
- Once conversion is done, you can choose to download the file locally or stream it via the file URL.
HOW TO: Workspaces
Workspaces Your workspace Workspaces contain all the projects shared to your organisation. Workspaces allow you to control who in your organisation can have access to your files, what level of access they have, and what operations they can do. ...
udCloud FAQs I have a udStream account, can I use that to access udCloud? Currently, you will need to create a new account for udCloud. An update to migrate existing udStream accounts is in the works. You may contact email@example.com for more ...
HOW TO: Scenes
Scenes Scenes Overview Scenes allow you to bring together supported file formats from your Project and load them into udStream. Creating a Scene This assumes that you have uploaded supported files into your Project, or have converted files into UDS ...
HOW TO: Projects
Projects Project and Project Information Projects act as a repository for your files. You can create multiple projects in the same workspace. When creating a project, you can also set the Data Center Region: US West 2 - Washington Europe - Dublin ...
HOW TO: Deleting your account
Deleting your account in udCloud To delete your account, please contact Euclideon Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. A feature to delete your account will be coming in a future release. The Beta release currently does not expose this feature .